Knowledge sharing for the art world
One platform to create and share digital catalogues raisonnés and archives with a global audience.
Digital catalogues raisonnés safeguard cultural heritage and provide researchers and art enthusiasts with easy online access. Navigating.art supports the creation and publication of digital catalogues raisonnés through its comprehensive platform. This enables readers to catalogue artwork as well as all associated archival materials and publications, giving them direct access to digital copies and primary sources that were used to craft the catalogue raisonné. The standardization across the platform — through consistent vocabularies and data requirements — eases the daily workflow when creating such extensive publications. Linked evidence and standardization also increase transparency and the exchange of information between institutions. All of this is part of Navigating.art’s efforts to ensure that future generations have increased access to our shared cultural history. After becoming a nonprofit organization, Navigating.art joined the Foundation’s philanthropic initiatives under Art & Culture in 2024.
DIGITAL CATALOGUES RAISONNES PUBLISHED ON NAVIGATING.ART
- Claude Monet: The Revised Catalogue Raisonné; The Pastels, The Wildenstein Plattner Institute
- Eva Hesse Drawings, Hauser & Wirth Institute
- Franz Kline Paintings, 1950–1962, Hauser & Wirth Institute
- Gauguin: Catalogue Raisonné of the Paintings 1891–1903, The Wildenstein Plattner Institute
- Tom Wesselmann Digital Corpus, The Wildenstein Plattner Institute
© Photo: Mikhail Nilov and Hannah Danes
© Photo: Viviane Wild. Painting shown: Claude Monet, Villas at Bordighera, 1884. Museum Barberini