Manager Financial Planning & Reporting (m/f/x)
Manager Financial Planning & Reporting (m/f/x)
We contribute to education, culture, and environmental protection.
The Hasso Plattner Foundation aims to accelerate the adoption of digital technologies through science and education, improve access to art and culture, and support environmental conservation. Hasso Plattner is one of the founders of SAP, an enterprise software company, and has been Chairman of its Supervisory Board since 2003. In 1998, Hasso Plattner founded the Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Engineering (HPI), marking his first significant philanthropic contribution. After signing the Giving Pledge (initiated by Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffet), he established the foundation in 2015.
The Hasso Plattner Foundation’s main office is in Potsdam, Germany, with additional offices in San Francisco, USA, and Cape Town, South Africa.
A career at the Hasso Plattner Foundation offers you
- Purpose – You will be working for one of the worlds largest foundations (by endowment) and will have the opportunity to actively shape our philanthropic activities and operations.
- Personal growth – We are a fast growing organization looking for excellent talent. You will be working directly with high level executives and senior stakeholders at our projects and the Foundation’s organs and you will have plenty of opportunities to grow into more senior roles
- Agility – Our organization is characterized by flat hierarchies, motivated and driven teams and a non-bureaucratic environment.
As Manager Financial Planning and Reporting, you are responsible for defining and implementing our organization’s financial planning. In collaboration with experts from our various business units, you will evaluate and aggregate reported budgets, present group budgets to management, and ensure continuous tracking and reporting of actuals. As part of your role, you will establish group-wide controlling processes while contributing meaningful and actionable measures to steering.
You will be based in Potsdam (Germany) within commuting distance of central Berlin, working full-time.
Your Main Tasks
- Develop and implement sustainable and best-in-class concepts related to planning and reporting at Hasso Plattner Foundation
- Assume responsibility for organization-wide financial planning (short-, medium-, and long-term) by aligning income and expense streams from our various business units (e.g., investment activities and philanthropic projects)
- Define annual budgets and ensure periodic tracking of actuals to optimize allocation of financial resources
- Oversee internal controlling, enhance analytics capabilities, and support group-wide reporting to management while setting standards with reliable approaches and insightful assessments for all stakeholders.
- Be the knowledge carrier and sparring partner for department leads and project controlling functions at Hasso Plattner Foundation
- Collaborate with our cash management function to ensure timely funding of cash needs, incl. supervision of intragroup transactions (services, loans, etc.)
- Establish internal control systems and (cross-functional) procedures based on financial data and indicators
Your experience & qualifications
- Very good Master’s degree
- At least three to five years of relevant professional experience in internal controlling or financial planning and analysis with a well-recognized company (e.g., in financial services, wealth management or a consulting firm)
- Financial knowledge and profound experience in planning, controlling, and steering by means of predefined KPIs
- Experience in building and shaping robust, cross-functional processes
- High affinity for BI-applications (especially related to financial planning, reporting and/or performance measurement); very good in MS Excel; knowledge of S/4HANA Cloud is a big plus, but not required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in oral and written English
- A detail oriented, analytical, and self-motivated personality
- Well-structured yet ﬂexible, able to think strategically
- Eager to develop new skills and areas of expertise, and display a high level of agility
- A proactive teamplayer
- An analytical head and self-starter with a getting-things-done attitude
What else do we offer
Next to a competitive compensation package, some of our benefits include:
- Support to pursue professional training
- Collaborative multi-day team events
- A yearly public transport ticket
- State-of-the-art IT equipment
- Working in a beautiful office in Potsdam with a lake view
- Free lunch, fruits, drinks, excellent coffee, and opportunities for outdoor sports activities
Please send your complete application (CV, diplomas, references) compiled as one PDF document with your salary expectations and earliest entry date per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application if you see yourself in this role.