Investment Analyst Program
Investment Analyst Program (m/f/x)
Are you interested in investing and global capital markets? Are you excited by the prospect to work for a meaningful cause, supporting one of the largest private foundations in the world? Then we encourage you to apply for the Investment Analyst Program of the Investment Office of the Hasso Plattner Foundation. The role is based in Potsdam, Germany.
Who We Are
We are the Investment Office of the Hasso Plattner Foundation. We have the mandate to generate income, and preserve and grow the wealth of the Hasso Plattner Foundation – with the ultimate goal of funding existing and new philanthropic initiatives into perpetuity.
We aim to generate high, risk-adjusted returns and invest capital in global public equities, leveraged buyouts, venture and growth capital, hedge funds and real assets. We invest with trusted external fund managers and selectively via direct investments of businesses, especially in enterprise software and digital health.
Our investment strategy focuses on long-term equity ownership and risk diversification. The investment office seeks out external partners with entrepreneurial spirit, an ingrained moral compass, and a drive to make a positive impact. We invest to create value for both shareholders and society. Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations guide our investment decisions deeply.
Investment Analyst Program
As an Investment Analyst you will be an integral part of the investment team and carry a vote for investment committee decisions. The Program offers unique insights into long-term oriented investment management, and the opportunity to experience and learn about a variety of asset classes and investment strategies.
From day one, Investment Analysts meet current and prospective external partners, including some of the world’s most renowned investors. Analysts will assist in the full investment cycle from sourcing to investing and monitoring, conduct portfolio analysis and carry out independent research projects on topics such as identifying new investment themes. Analysts also help extending our professional network to investors and global market participants.
Investment Analysts can get promoted to Investment Managers after two years, starting a structured program to gain deep asset class knowledge, with the opportunity to rotate between individual asset classes.
What else do we offer you?
- Working in a motivated team with flat hierarchies and mentorship
- Travel and work internationally
- Support to pursue the CFA and CAIA designation
- A competitive compensation package
- Working in a beautiful office that offers free lunch, excellent coffee, and opportunities for outdoor sports activities
Applicants should have:
- Excellent academic achievement (bachelor’s or master’s degree). All majors are encouraged to apply.
- Interest in investing and finance is a must, prior financial industry experience is not.
- Excellent analytical skills and a structured working style with attention to detail.
- Fluency in English is required, other languages are a plus. No German required.
- Please send your complete application (CV, references, diploma, and a motivation letter) compiled to one document, with your earliest entry date via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only candidates who send their complete documents will be considered. We look forward to receiving your application!