(Senior) Manager Financial Compliance (m/f/x)
(Senior) Manager Financial Compliance (m/f/x)
We contribute to education, culture and environmental protection.
The Hasso Plattner Foundation aims to accelerate the adoption of digital technologies through science and education, improve access to art and culture, and support environmental conservation. Hasso Plattner is one of the founders of SAP, an enterprise software company, and has been chairman of its supervisory board since 2003. In 1998, Hasso Plattner founded the Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Engineering, marking his first significant philanthropic contribution. After signing the Giving Pledge (initiated by Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffet), he established the foundation in 2015.
The Investment Office of the Hasso Plattner Foundation has the mandate to generate income, and preserve and grow the wealth of the Hasso Plattner Foundation – with the ultimate goal of funding existing and new philanthropic initiatives into perpetuity. We aim to generate high, risk-adjusted returns and invest capital in global public equities, leveraged buyouts, venture and growth capital, hedge funds and real assets. We invest with trusted external partners and selectively via direct ownership of businesses, especially in enterprise software and digital health. The Hasso Plattner Foundation’s main office is in Potsdam, Germany, with additional offices in San Francisco, USA, and Cape Town, South Africa.
We are looking for a (Senior) Manager Financial Compliance (m/f/x) to support our Finance & Operations department in Potsdam. In close collaboration with the Senior Manager Accounting, you will manage our shareholding structure in all aspects of compliance requirements under commercial law, such as German HGB or other applicable laws and regulations.
To this end, you will monitor, guide and steer internal and external teams in preparing the yearly financial statements and coordinating the public audit procedures. You will be exposed to a broad variety of assets and business models, including operating companies, investment funds and charitable organizations. Based on your practical insights into our process landscape, you will define, shape and optimize standard operating procedures and contribute to building a state-of-the-art Finance function.
Suitable candidates are self-starters who feel comfortable in a dynamic team, understand how to set priorities, and are intrinsically motivated to build a world-class charitable organization. The position has a broad set of complex topics and requires a working style characterized by diligence and rigor. International candidates with relevant professional experience are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Coordination of internal and external teams in fulfilling financial compliance requirements under commercial law and other applicable legal and regulatory standards
- Single point of contact for HPC leadership regarding financial compliance in Accounting & Legal Entity Management (LEM)
- Managing designated legal entities of our shareholding structure in adherence to all legal and regulatory requirements (e.g. review of financial statements, shareholder resolutions, AWV reporting)
- Management of internal projects to enhance Accounting & LEM capabilities, including further accounting and finance functions in S4/HANA Cloud
Required Background & Competencies for Success in this Role
- Good academic degree in business administration or similar subject
- At least three years of relevant professional experience in financial auditing, financial accounting, assurance services or internal controlling with a well-recognized company
- Optional: Qualification as German Tax Advisor or Public Auditor
- Excellent rhetoric and writing skills in German, solid English
- Proficiency in at least one accounting software; knowledge of S4/HANA Cloud is a big plus, but not required
- Structured and self-dependent working style with the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks at the same time
- An analytical stress-resilient head with a structured working style
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
What We Offer
- An interesting position in a meaningful and international environment with a competitive salary
- A job with long-term development prospects in the universe of the Hasso Plattner Foundation
- Motivated, highly qualified team with flat hierarchies and plenty of room to implement ideas
- Possibility to work remotely (partially)
- Support to pursue professional training
- Public transport ticket
- Multi-day team events and training opportunities
- Free lunch, fruits, drinks, and a beautiful office with a lake view
Please send your CV, references and diploma (motivation letter is not required) compiled to one document, with your salary expectations and earliest entry date via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only candidates who send their complete documents will be considered. We look forward to receiving your application!