Senior Manager ESG
Senior Manager ESG (m/f/x)
We contribute to education, culture and environmental protection.
The Hasso Plattner Foundation aims to accelerate the adoption of digital technologies through science and education, improve access to art and culture, and support environmental conservation. Hasso Plattner is one of the founders of SAP, an enterprise software company, and has been Chairman of its Supervisory Board since 2003. In 1998, Hasso Plattner founded the Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Engineering (HPI), marking his first significant philanthropic contribution. After signing the Giving Pledge (initiated by Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffet), he established the foundation in 2015. The Hasso Plattner Foundation’s main office is in Potsdam, Germany, with additional offices in San Francisco, USA, and Cape Town, South Africa.
As Senior Manager ESG, you will work in the Office of the CEO, who oversees the Investment Office of the Foundation. Further integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations along our investment process is a key priority for us and our stakeholders. You will work closely with Investment Office leadership and collaborate with teams across the firm. The role is based at the company’s headquarters in Potsdam, Germany.
- Drive the continued development of the ESG function, including the integration of ESG factors into the investment process, partnering with the investment team to help set and meet investment objectives and reporting requirements, aligning them with industry best practices, and driving positive change and value
- Support the full investment cycle for impact investments from sourcing to investing and monitoring as well as working with our external partners
- Create original content after a deep and thorough research that can be used for driving ESG engagement activities across our investment portfolio
- Teach, assess, and support the Investment Office in the integration of ESG topics in their analysis and/or portfolio construction
- Develop and prepare an appropriate ESG reporting for various internal and external audiences, including an annual ESG report
- Evaluate and implement adherence to established ESG investment framework (e.g., UN Principles for Responsible Investment)
- Support strategic and operational ad hoc projects in the Office of the CEO to further develop our investment organization
Required Background & Competencies for Success in this Role
- Passionate about ESG investing/stewardship and having a positive impact
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in investment management (ideally venture capital / private equity), management consulting, or a high-growth start-up
- Understanding of and experience in defining sustainability / CSR / ESG strategies, setting science-based targets, developing ESG reports and working with ESG frameworks (GRI, SASB etc.)
- Interest in investing and finance is a must, ideally in combination with direct investment experience
- Excellent analytical skills and a structured working style with attention to detail
- Strong project management and communication skills that allow you to effectively interact across hierarchies with both internal and external stakeholders
- Fluency in English is required. No German required.
- Unassailable integrity and discretion
- Mature personality who contributes to an inspiring working atmosphere and is eager to explore and learn new things daily
- Strong work and business ethics: The successful candidate will be a self-starter and is used to “getting things done”
What We Offer
- An interesting position in a meaningful and international environment with a competitive salary
- A job with long-term development prospects in the universe of the Hasso Plattner Foundation
- A motivated, highly qualified team with flat hierarchies and plenty of room to implement ideas
- Working in a beautiful office that offers free lunch, excellent coffee, and opportunities for outdoor sports activities
- Please send your CV, references and diploma (motivation letter is not required) compiled to one document, with your salary expectations and earliest entry date via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only candidates who send their complete documents will be considered. We look forward to receiving your application!