Senior Manager Tax
Senior Manager Tax (m/f/x)
We contribute to education, culture and environmental protection.
The Hasso Plattner Foundation aims to accelerate the adoption of digital technologies through science and education, improve access to art and culture, and support environmental conservation. Hasso Plattner is one of the founders of SAP, an enterprise software company, and has been Chairman of its Supervisory Board since 2003. In 1998, Hasso Plattner founded the Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Engineering (HPI), marking his first significant philanthropic contribution. After signing the Giving Pledge (initiated by Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffet), he established the foundation in 2015. The Hasso Plattner Foundation’s main office is in Potsdam, Germany, with additional offices in San Francisco, USA, and Cape Town, South Africa.
Position and Major Responsibilities
We are looking for a Senior Tax Manager (m/f/x) to join our Potsdam office. In this role you will report directly to our Director Tax. You will be exposed to a unique variety of topics and act as point of contact for tax authorities and external service providers. You will set up tax projects from scratch and be the driver of continuous improvements for our tax compliance system. At a glance:
- Managing HPC’s tax compliance
- Designing and implementing new processes, guidelines, and software for efficient tax compliance management
- Leading tax projects
Required Background, Competencies & Skills
- Certified Tax Advisor with 3 – 5 years of professional experience in international tax consultancy
- Excellent degree in economics, law, business administration or a related field
- In-depth knowledge of German tax law
- Experience in tax structuring and investment tax law is a plus
- Proactive team player with very good communication skills
- An analytical head who is capable to efficiently structure business processes
- Openness towards tools and automated solutions
- Generalist with quick grasp, and the ability to quickly familiarize themselves with many topics, interested in a wide range of areas
- High level of diligence and ability to abstract: one eye for details and one for the bigger picture
- Strong work and business ethics: The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is used to “getting things done” and never loses your sense of humor
What We Offer
- An interesting position in a meaningful and international environment with a competitive salary
- Motivated, highly qualified team with flat hierarchies and plenty of room to implement ideas
- Public transport ticket
- Multi-day team events and training opportunities
- Free lunch, fruits, drinks, and a beautiful office with a lake view
Please send your CV, references and diploma (motivation letter is not required) compiled to one document, with your salary expectations and earliest entry date via e-mail to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only candidates who send their complete documents will be considered. We look forward to receiving your application!
We look forward to receiving your application!