Manager Investment Controlling Real Estate (m/f/x)
Manager Investment Controlling – Real Estate (m/f/x)
We contribute to education, culture and environmental protection.
We are the Investment Office of the Hasso Plattner Foundation. We have the mandate to generate income and preserve and grow the wealth of the Hasso Plattner Foundation – with the ultimate goal of funding existing and new philanthropic initiatives into perpetuity. We aim to generate high, risk-adjusted returns and invest capital in global public equities, leveraged buyouts, venture and growth capital, hedge funds and real assets. We invest with trusted external fund managers, in real estate, and selectively via direct co-investments of businesses, especially in enterprise software and digital health sectors. Our investment strategy focuses on long-term equity ownership and risk diversification. The investment office seeks out external partners with entrepreneurial spirit, an ingrained moral compass, and a drive to make a positive impact. We invest to create value for both shareholders and society. Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations guide our investment decisions deeply. The role is based in Potsdam, Germany. The Foundation has additional offices in San Francisco, USA, and Cape Town, South Africa.
As Manager Investment Controlling – Real Estate (m/f/x) for the Investment Office of the Hasso Plattner Foundation, you will work closely with the Head of Real Estate Investments and internal/external operational experts and partners on the management of our real estate portfolio, including performance controlling as well as a compliant recording of transactions in our internal reporting systems. On this basis, you will identify strengths and weaknesses in the asset portfolio and generate decision-useful information. This position requires a diligent and data-driven person who is eager to learn. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and is used to “getting things done”.
- Management and benchmarking of the existing real estate portfolio, primarily in Germany with focus on the Berlin/Brandenburg area
- Collaboration with the Head of Real Estate Investment on the full real estate investment cycle, from sourcing to divestment
- Monitoring of real estate development projects (budgeting, financing, construction progress)
- Controlling of key performance indicators
- Recording of asset related data in our systems
- Support of due diligence processes
- Negotiation and execution of investment-related contracts and documentation
Required Background & Competencies & Skills
- Good Master’s degree
- At least two years of relevant professional experience in real estate investment controlling, real estate investment management or real estate advisory
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated personality
- Unquestioned integrity and strong sense for discretion
- High affinity for IT-applications and numbers; proficient in MS Excel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in oral and written German & English
What else do we offer you?
- Working in a motivated team with flat hierarchies
- A competitive compensation package
- Support to pursue professional training
- Public transport ticket
- Multi-day team events and training opportunities
- Working in a beautiful office that offers free lunch, fruits, drinks, excellent coffee, and opportunities for outdoor sports activities
Please send your application including CV, diplomas and references compiled as one PDF document (motivation letter is not required) with your salary expectations and earliest entry date via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application!