Manager Tax Reporting
Manager Tax Reporting (m/f/x)
We contribute to education, culture and environmental protection.
The Hasso Plattner Foundation aims to accelerate the adoption of digital technologies through science and education, improve access to art and culture, and support environmental conservation. Hasso Plattner is one of the founders of SAP, an enterprise software company, and has been Chairman of its Supervisory Board since 2003. In 1998, Hasso Plattner founded the Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Engineering (HPI), marking his first significant philanthropic contribution. After signing the Giving Pledge (initiated by Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffet), he established the foundation in 2015. The Hasso Plattner Foundation’s main office is in Potsdam, Germany, with additional offices in San Francisco, USA, and Cape Town, South Africa.
Position and Major Responsibilities
We are looking for a Manager Tax Reporting (m/f/x) to join our Potsdam office. In this role you will report directly to our Director Tax. You will be exposed to a unique variety of topics and act as point of contact for our external service providers. Together with your team you will administer the organization’s tax compliance process. At a glance:
- Managing and coordination the organization’s tax compliance in designated countries (in particular Germany and USA)
- Support in designing and implementing new processes, guidelines and software for efficient tax compliance management
- Preparation of tax related reports for the managing directors
- Leading smaller projects with tax compliance focus
- Contact person for colleagues, external advisors and tax authorities
Required Background, Competencies & Skills
- Commercial training as an assistant tax consultant (Steuerfachangestellter [m/f/x]), bank clerk (Bankkaufmann [m/f/x]) or a bachelor’s degree in business administration (or similar)
- Solid knowledge of German tax law and bookkeeping
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- Backoffice-experience in a bank, an investment company or the private wealth environment is a plus
- Proactive team player with very good communication skills
- High level of diligence and a structured working method
- Reliable, independent way of working
- Openness towards tools and automated solutions
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to new subject areas and responsibilities
- Generalist with quick grasp, and the ability to quickly familiarize themselves with many topics, interested in a wide range of areas
What We Offer
- An interesting position in a meaningful and international environment with a competitive salary
- Motivated, highly qualified team with flat hierarchies and plenty of room to implement ideas
- Public transport ticket
- Multi-day team events and training opportunities
- Free lunch, fruits, drinks, and a beautiful office with a lake view
Please send your CV, references and diploma (motivation letter is not required) compiled to one document, with your salary expectations and earliest entry date via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only candidates who send their complete documents will be considered. We look forward to receiving your application!
We look forward to receiving your application!