Investment Manager Program
Investment Manager Program (m/f/x)
Are you interested in investing and global capital markets? Are you excited by the prospect to work for a meaningful cause, supporting one of the largest private foundations in the world? Then we encourage you to apply for the Investment Manager Program of the Investment Office of the Hasso Plattner Foundation. The role is based in Potsdam, Germany.
Who We Are
We are the Investment Office of the Hasso Plattner Foundation. We have the mandate to generate income, and preserve and grow the wealth of the Hasso Plattner Foundation – with the ultimate goal of funding existing and new philanthropic initiatives into perpetuity.
We aim to generate high, risk-adjusted returns and invest capital in global public equities, leveraged buyouts, venture and growth capital, hedge funds and real assets. We invest with trusted external partners and selectively via direct ownership of businesses, especially in enterprise software and digital health.
Our investment strategy focuses on long-term equity ownership and risk diversification. The investment office seeks out external partners with entrepreneurial spirit, an ingrained moral compass, and a drive to make a positive impact. We invest to create value for both shareholders and society. Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations guide our investment decisions deeply.
Investment Manager Program
The Investment Manager Program is tailor-made for young professionals with 2yrs+ work experience. The Program is structured to gain deep long-term investment management and asset class knowledge, by rotating between buyout, venture capital, public equity, absolute return, and direct investments as well as portfolio & risk management. Investment Managers learn to drive the full investment cycle from sourcing to investing and monitoring and working with our external partners. You will get to know, meet and manage the relationship with some of the world’s most renowned investors from day one of the program. Investment Managers are encouraged to bring in their unique interests and talents regarding specialist functions, such as a regional or thematic focus. As an integral part of the investment team, you carry a vote for investment committee decisions.
Investment Managers can get promoted to Senior Investment Managers after three years, developing into covering core investment office functions, such as asset class responsibility.
What else do we offer you?
- Working in a motivated team with flat hierarchies and mentorship
- Travel and work internationally
- Support to complete the CFA and CAIA designation
- A competitive compensation package
- Working in a beautiful office that offers free lunch, excellent coffee, and opportunities for outdoor sports activities
Applicants should have
- 2+ years experience in investment banking, investment management, or strategy consulting
- A very good bachelor’s or master’s degree. All majors are encouraged to apply
- Interest in investing and finance is a must, as well as some touch points with the financial industry in the past
- Excellent analytical skills and a structured working style with attention to detail
- Fluency in English is required, other languages are a plus. No German required
Please send your complete application (CV, references, diploma, and a motivation letter) compiled to one document, with your earliest entry date via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only candidates who send their complete documents will be considered. We look forward to receiving your application!